Tuesday, January 15, 2008

So my son’s first day at school was a roaring success. The good news is that he was still an eager beaver this morning and delighted to go back. His enthusiasm is contagious and his brother has decided that it is time for him to go to school too! All in good time.

Today I thought that I would quote a mate of mine who lives on a beach in New Zealand.

My opinion....for what it’s worth and based on successful people that I know (successful not necessarily monetary wise though) is that the conflict between wealth gain and other values only comes about where wealth gain is the objective. When we do what we are passionate about typically we provide more value to society and others than when we don't. When we provide more value we earn more and are typically more wealthy monetary wise. More importantly though we are content in what we are doing and have a better value system. We are not chasing the money....the money is a by product of our passions.

I had to include this quote as this is essentially the essence of the book that I am trying to write. Focus on your values and your passions and the rest will fall into place! I have been trying for some time to capture my key message that I would like to convey and now here it is. Thanks buddy for your insight!

What do you think?

No comments: