Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I spent the day with a professional photographer yesterday. Hopefully, the first of many. I am now an unpaid apprentice and very excited about it! For the photographer, it was an incredibly slow day in which he had to get through some very mundane work – pack shots. A pack shot is simply a photograph of a product in the best light. Now it was very basic work but certainly a revelation to me on many levels. Things that he took for granted were massive insights for me. The post production side of photography has always let me down – yesterday I learnt heaps that will improve my skills no end. I cannot wait to go back!!

Earlier, I had a thought that I am living in dreamland. Here I am, highly energised after another run, swim, shower, family breakfast, etc. going to work on something that I am really excited about. I question how long this utopia could possibly last? The answer is simply that my last pay check comes at the end of this month and after that I may get a little more stressed. Until then, it is time to seize the day!

I hope that you have been busy changing the world – bit by bit. Don’t let me down out there – do something worthwhile today!

No comments: