Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I sit here in anticipation of an amazing and bold insight. I have been sitting here for some time, very quietly with fingers poised above my keyboard. Yet nothing has struck me. I think I have been lost in thought, all of it not fit to be typed. It is strange to think that I have spent the last 4 months preparing to write and yet as I sit here, I know that I am totally unprepared. Writing is not like anything I have ever done in my life. There are no immediate results from writing a good paragraph, or articulating a clear thought. No, it is just my laptop and I and that is frightening. I know that I need to take my time and start where I know where to start and it will all flow. Still ….

Today is the day that I start my photography apprenticeship. I have no idea what to expect and I think that the guy I am going to join is rather unsure of me too. I have to say that I am rather excited. This apprenticeship is food for my soul. It’s all about following one of my passions. I hope to learn some skills that are going to enable me to generate deep satisfaction from this art through the rest of my life. Just another step in my dream come true!

What to write, what to write….

No comments: