Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I had another very interesting discussion yesterday with a colleague in East London. You may be thinking that I get around – I do! To both of our amazement, we discovered that we hold some similar common interests. What a wonderful surprise when you break through those working facades and discover the valuable individual lurking below. I had numerous other conversations throughout yesterday and today and one thing that they all confirmed is that there is a groundswell of people who are not fulfilled and are looking for more in life. To all those of you out there that have started to break through the tethers of your current life, I say go for it! It is rather pointless to be bitterly unhappy and expect that things will get better. You have probably heard it said, if you do the same things, expect the same results!

Interestingly enough I left the meeting with the colleague above and he said “nice meeting you!” What an irony that you can work with someone for years and yet get to know more about them in a just a couple of minutes when you add in a little bit of effort. So take the gap and go and get to know somebody a little better today!

I am wondering why all of this deep conversation is happening. Am I more receptive to this kind of talk? Had I ignored this completely in past? Was I plain ignorant and did I repel people? Or has this major move that I have started to make in my life given people the gap that they needed to have an open and honest conversation about how they really feel with me. Perhaps I am exuding a whole different kind of secret energy and this is attracting a whole lot of other energy to me? I don’t know the answer and I have no doubt that I can speculate all day – I am just privileged to have had these conversations as I believe that they are all gifts. I have heard so many opinions and positivity from so many people that I have this urge to go and buy a Dictaphone so that I do not lose anything. I also wonder if these conversations will continue once I leave the working world and if I will be able to find this richness elsewhere. Either way right now, to quote one of my mates, I am far richer in wisdom than I could ever afford to be!!!!

No comments: