Friday, November 30, 2007

It is another beautiful day here in Cape Town. There is a gentle breeze blowing, just enough to violently shake the tops of the trees. Roots are a very handy thing for plants in the Cape! I have no doubt that this breeze will soon escalate slightly to just under typhoon strength. I imagine that it is best not to hot air balloon at this time of year, unless you are looking to avoid paying for a plane ticket to Mumbai!

I am looking out of my picture windows thinking that I must have one of the best views in the world. Cape Town sure is beautiful.

Let me describe my view for you. I look out over a green area that can never be developed. It is in the shape of a cricket pitch probably because people play cricket on it. Behind the pitch is a magnificent row of oak trees, some of them hundreds of years old. Behind the old trees rises this majestic mountain classically referred to as Table Mountain. I get to feast my eyes on all of this whenever I am in my office pretending to work. Sometimes I even imagine climbing it and when I am most busy, I imagine where I would sit and contemplate life if I were not so busy.

Well my time is drawing near – soon I will be able to search out those special spots and use them as they were designed. A place to park my butt, while I take in the splendour of this most beautiful place. A place to think of little me searching for my little way to do something good!

No comments: