Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I am at a loss for words today. I had vowed that I would include a bit of humour and refrain from references to deep conversations as there have been too many lately. Instead I have found myself tired and decidedly uninspired. After being away from home for another 3 days, I am certainly looking forward to spending time with my family. I feel the need to skate!!

Onto something else, a long resignation period is not the most wonderful thing in the world. Perhaps I am built differently to the normal person out there but I am finding it so difficult to put in the effort that I used to give to work. Once you have decided to leave, it really is time to go!

I have had a good trip this week. My many work colleagues and friends are scattered over a vast geographical area. Luckily for me, my work has been such that I have seen most of them fairly regularly over the past couple of years. This is the first time in my life where it is important to me that I say goodbye to all these people in all these many places. This trip was great in that I have been able to close a chapter of my life in both East London and Port Elizabeth. Last week, I had the opportunity to do the same in George. I certainly hope that this is not the end but just the beginning of a whole new set of relationships! I am not an emotional person yet this has perhaps weighed heavily on me (somewhere) and hence my lack of inspiration at this point in time.

I will work on it!! Stay with me now……..

No comments: