Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I was literally smacked by an idea this morning as I got out of bed. It could also have been that I tripped over the cat and hit the cupboard door! Either way I am the proud owner of a non original thought. I love the way that the subconscious mind works, it mulls things over for ages and then at the most unlikely time, it spits out a seemingly random stroke of brilliance. Well it sure seemed to be a stroke of brilliance at the crack of very early this morning. This idea comes from a thought espoused in a course that I attended at UCT called Creategy. A fantastic course if I must say!

Are you interested? The thought goes something like this (or exactly like this). I am not a writer (hopefully just not yet), I have not studied the depths of human emption and driving forces, I am also not a philosopher or a psychologist or a psycho analyst! I do however have a vision that life is not what it is supposed to be for me and I would like to mould it into something that better fits who I am. I would also like to inspire others to do the same although not necessarily in such a radical manner. The point is that I have an idea BUT I do not have all of the skills to successfully make this idea a reality. Enter the subconscious mind! How about if you (and I am talking to you as you read this) were able to contribute to this inspiring book? Would you be interested in include your story in these soon to be well thumbed pages? Is it possible that not just my story but yours too will help to inspire others to refocus their lives?

Now how do I get you to put your sticky fingers to the keyboard and send me your story? Obviously taking your story, publishing it and then feeling good about taking all of the credit would not sit well with me, although society would certainly approve! Would you be satisfied to contribute your story in exchange for good proportion of the book proceeds being donated to a charitable trust? This assumes that somebody out there wants to buy a book that includes our stories! Am I smoking my socks???

Please take 2 seconds and fill in my poll on the right hand side of this blog - I am interested to see what you have to think about my wacky ideas! Feel free to send me your comments too!!

1 comment:

Marc Moonsammy said...

I will definitely give your suggestion some thought and vote as soon as I've made up my mind. Right now, writing seems to be a dauting task especially that it will be about my thoughts, why and how I got to changing my life??????

OOOOhhhhhhh Mufasa!!!!