Sunday, October 28, 2007

I have just been for a wonderful run in Johannesburg. There is an Eastern philosophy, although I am not sure what it is called, to which I now subscribe. As I understand it, the spirit gets tired during the day and gets out of balance with the rest of your body. If you get out there and do a bit of exercise, your spirit and body are brought back into harmony with surprising results – plenty of energy! The only problem with this philosophy is that there is no excuse for tiredness, in fact when you are most tired, you should be out exercising – a hard sell to any brain out there!

I have struggled to write anything meaningful for the last couple of days. I can say that I have had an awesome weekend. It all started on Friday when I was offered an awesome job, which I had to turn down. After work I spent some time surfing and broke my 8 week drought of no waves – that was some relief! Luke and I ran 2km at his school fun run on the beach on Saturday morning. It was fantastic to watch the little guy perform. He just kept on giving it his all – I can learn from this. I followed all of this up with some extreme gardening – moving potted plants from one side of town to another. My mother, aunt and uncle then joined us for dinner and then flew home the next morning. We had an easy Sunday which we ended with a walk on the beach and the most spectacular sunset. I had a most blessed weekend and I must say that I am thankful! I would argue that we have an awesome quality of life. Why should I give all of it up for a power job and big bucks?

No comments: