Monday, October 29, 2007

I am back in Johannesburg. My mother tells me that she has been reading my blog - I am most impressed with her savvy! She did tell me that she thinks that it is ludicrous that I describe myself as going through a pre-mid life crisis. In her mind a mid life crisis involves running from one's family and not towards it. I am afraid that I do not know the answer. I am a man with a mission - hopefully a mission that is not just filled with good intentions but also some serious follow through. I have written a lot about hope but I do hope that I can make a difference and actually do something worthwhile. For now though I need to be content with hope and putting the pieces in place to ensure that when my time and my opportunities come around, I am ready to act!

What is thing that I am going through in my life now? Is it the awakening of my soul or just an error in judgement? I have no idea what to call this period of my life -perhaps I will label it awakening. I hope this will placate my mum!! I certainly like the imagery.....

2 comments:

Victor said...

To those out there who don't know, I am the father of the family Mark refers to. You have to believe that there is nothing special about us but something rather awesome about this so called 'Mad Man'. I got to meet him many years ago when he was a recent Civil Engineering graduate from the University of the Witwatersrand. By that time, he had already rolled a Toyota Venture on a university excursion, done some wow stuff in the USA and somehow managed to destabilize the monotonous going on's prevalent in a typical government building where he was employed. He was famous for the smell of his toated cheese sandwiches permeating all the offices of the 10th floor of the Civic Centre building in central Johannesburg. As I expected, someone with his potential was never going to last in that environment and it was'nt long before Mark resigned to pursue a more ambitious career in the real world of business. He subsequently met his beautiful wife and has 2 wonderful kids which I can vouch for. I don't know many people with the strength of conviction that Mark possesses. Most would ask what person in their right mind would give up a highly lucrative job and career to follow a dream? I know that I would ask it and probably would never have the courage to do it but Mark is a man of little fear - to anyone out there beginning to be infected by his journey, watch this space. Mark WILL achieve greatness but not of the material kind. It will be greatness from facing the challenges of current day society head on and having the heart to do something about it. I understand that there are many Blogg sites out there, but this is one I will be keeping an eye on on a regular basis because the journey Mark is embarking on is the journey I dream to undertake. As such, his challenges and his ability to deal with them will make for interesting reading. I will carry on living my day to day existence with Spikey and Co. but will use Mark's journey as a reference to educate my kids on the meaning of conviction. My son Ronaldo interestingly told me today that he noticed that Mark has 'strong arms'. Just shows that Mark is a possessor of both internal and external strength! God bless you all out there - boa noite!!

Mark Eames said...

Victor, the cheque is in the mail buddy! Keep the light on for me - I am going to need you plenty in this next year (talking about your insight here!).

You have also raised the ante on my writing - I am going to have to get really get good at this FAST!