Sunday, January 2, 2011

The glorious holidays

So much has happened since I last blogged.


Cricket, swimming, chess, backgammon, and movies have entertained the kids and I. Numerous books have been read, including 1984 by George Orwell, something that was missed in my youth. Time has been spent in the pool. Time has not been spent in the sea, due to the winds in the Cape over the last 2 weeks. Great insights have been made, including the need to back off making my children perfect and rather providing them with an environment in which they can have some fun as children. Christmas was quiet, not a food fest, filled with presents, and the real spirit of the feast; the birth of Jesus Christ. My mother’s new townhouse down the road is looking awesome after a bit of DIY refurbishment.

And the New Year has made its entrance. Apparently this all took place while I was fast asleep. Meaning of course that I had plenty of energy for my New Years day surf! A frigid, wave few, and somewhat fun experience!

Most importantly, I have had some great time off work and been able to throw myself into other projects. Ahem, those other projects did not include the house maintenance issues, or even the overgrown garden! Some of projects I even completed flat on my back with my eyes closed!

The thing is, I am now ready to tackle some serious work again. And that is wonderful!

No comments: