Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fun and Fulfilment

I am feeling most fulfilled at the moment. I love enjoying what I am doing. It does not happen often, so when it does, it is a sensation to be savoured.


So what has made the difference you make ask?

Community projects! Strange but true! The project I had planned to be spending my time on was postponed, leaving me with a four week gap in work. The fact that this delay has taken place over Christmas has meant that this time has been my own. An incredible gift! It has also given me lots of time to spend on my community projects.

There is a small organisation called the Better Life Organisation which we have created in the last couple of days. It has the aim of improving the lives of people in our area that will never be able to improve their lives on their own. In essence the focus is on the sick, elderly, or disabled. Last year we managed to rebuild 5 houses, this year, with our new organisation, we hope to do a whole lot more.

There is also an incredibly exciting project involving film, religion, and internet broadcasting. Very interesting and just up my alley! This project will require lots of funding through Angel Investors and funding agencies. Things I never dreamt I would ever deal with! There is a whole lot of challenge in seeing if you can not only launch a whole new organisation but also find a way to do it even though it will always make a frightful loss!

And then there is my False Bay paddle. The idea is still in concept phase but I have started talking to other long distance paddlers, as well as shark experts in False Bay. This thing is going to require heaps of work in order to make it a reality. But it just seems like so much fun!

Soon I hope to be bored with all of this fun and actually go and do some work that will bring in an income!

No comments: