Thursday, May 27, 2010

Next week

Next week it will be quieter and then I will take it easy.

I think I have been saying this since the year started. I am sure that we all have. How is it that we manage to fill our lives with so much activity? How can there be so much to do? And why do we have to do all of it?

I clearly remember those days as a child when I was thoroughly bored. Nothing grabbed my fancy as I listlessly walked circles around the house. And yet I would gladly trade some of my business for some of that time now!

I am my own worst enemy when it comes to time. The moment I have nothing to do, I fill that void with all sorts of things. As soon as I see the back of one project, another one twice as exciting rears its enticing head. And then I am sucked back into my endless cycle of rushing to get it all done. Moments to spare are not appreciated until I don’t have any of them. I really cannot remember having very many this entire year. I have this notion that a number of spare moments are waiting for me just around the next week, but I am almost prepared to admit that I have been wrong. There are none in store for me at all...

I am a little frightened at the thought!


Don’t worry, next week I am going to...

No comments: