Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thoughts about Thoughts

I have not made any deep and meaningful posts of late. They all seem to have been about the goings on of my life. I was hoping to make this post a deep one, until I realised that I had no real deep stuff to blog about.

This is a little worrying as I consider myself a bit of a thinker. Have I not been thinking lately? Has my depth of thought been blurred by the constant need to meet deadlines, invoice clients, and meet all of my obligations? Let alone catch some sleep between the endless waking of my baby daughter?

The little reading that I have managed to snatch has been rather uninspiring. My morning prayer and mediation sessions have gone out of the window in my frantic bid to get some sleep. Life seems to have filled up to overflowing with meetings and more meetings. I suppose it is little wonder that clever thoughts have failed to trespass my synapses.

Man, I hate living life on this superficial level!

There is no doubt in my mind that although I am super busy, I am hugely ineffective as clear thought has migrated with the change of seasons. Yet I know that It is in times of business one most needs to make time for a little bit of silence. Without silence there is no time for reflection and thinking; and certainly no time for personal growth.

Now all I have to do is say NO more often, and remove the clutter from my life, in order to create more time. Some people are going to be a little disappointed, but then again, others are going to be much happier!

1 comment:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

you can't always been deep and meaningful even though its inside you. You're too busy doing life - nothing wrong with that.

Your Mojo will return...I have no doubt