Monday, May 24, 2010

Screaming and screaming

Famous last words!!!

Tuesday night saw me posting a line about having absolutely nothing to do. It did not last long...

Isabella was awake by nine o clock, screaming her head off in pain. She was inconsolable to the point that her whole body was shaking. We managed to get in a couple of ten minute sleeps through the next couple of hours. At around one in the morning, our ears ringing and our concern at an all time high, we decided that we had better get this child to hospital.

But she fell asleep in my arms, apparently exhausted. We tiredly got back into bed expecting another ten minute nap and were surprised to be woken about two hours later, Donna still fully dressed.

Somehow we made it to the morning; all three of us tired and unhappy. This being our third child meant that we had a number of theories as to what was wrong with her. Obviously she was in some serious pain, but from what? Donna had her off to a nurse friend of ours to have her checked out before we spent an extraordinary sum of money to enter the paediatrician’s rooms.

The diagnosis was simple.

Teeth!!!

We did not see that coming...

Anyhow I have learnt my lesson; never will I claim to have absolutely nothing to do again!

2 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

teething is the worst! and I'm sure you know its last for quite a while.

Good luck and do your best to keep Donna destressed. A happy mummy is a good mummy and wife.

My thoughts are with you.

cat said...

Oh freak yea, those bloody teeth! I had almost a whole bottle of Cap classique when the twins cut their last teeth. I'm done!

(but do look out for the ears - sometimes the doctors can not see that much and when the ENT tests there's trouble.