Tuesday, May 18, 2010

In and out of office

Today was a fun day!

I started off with a little work and then mixed it up with the shovelling of sand on our new building site. Squatter house number three was up but had to be moved about a metre backwards so as not to encroach on a property boundary. It should be finished by tomorrow, and then onto house number 4!

After getting in the foreman’s way, way too many times, I made my way back to my office. More issues got sorted. With last night’s leftovers in my belly, I headed on my way to see the progress on my old car. She had been home for a number of weeks but my overseas parts arrived last week and so off she went for the rest of her make over. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for the statements that will unlock the SA Police Services and ensure I get new chassis and engine numbers.

I drove the old girl around at great speeds and with much joy! The steering is butter smooth, the engine sweet, and the automatic box slick. My good man Peet, the mechanic, has even refurbished her old starter motor and it now works like a charm. At long last I can see myself using this car as my daily ride; it sure is going to be fun!

I managed to get back into my office before an afternoon coffee meeting with a mate to solve the problems of the world.

Now here I sit, back in the office, the kids in bed, the television off, and absolutely nothing to do. What a wonderful change!

No comments: