Thursday, May 6, 2010

Back to the 80's

I took a strange trip down memory lane last night. Strange because some of the people that joined me there, looked like they had yet to leave...

My wife somehow scrounged up two tickets to the Alphaville / Spandau Ballet Concert. Free tickets to an eighties party meant we had to make serious plans to be there, albeit at the last minute. So there we were, two old teenagers surrounded by thousands of other aged youngsters desperate to relive just a little bit of their youth.

It is not often that bands come back 20 and 25 years after they have made it big!

Alphaville sounded desperate, the band rocked hard but the lead singer sounded as if he was not part of the original plan. Spandau Ballet was a complete surprise. Tony, the lead singer sounded just as he always had, and the live music was brilliant!

We had fun! And I managed to pick out a couple of hairstyles that I just must have when I grow some more hair on the front of my head!

3 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Love the song Gold that SB did. Glad you had an awesome time!

Anonymous said...

Teehee... it sounds like a blast!

Psycho Psycho said...

Your hairstyle seems to be perfect
:)