Friday, October 9, 2009

Salt Water & Camels

The emergency board meeting was held in fine conditions this morning. Hardly a breath of wind, a little bit of swell, and just three board members at the right spot made all of the difference. No notes were taken, although a couple of pictures were snapped. All were happy that it was pictures and not boards being snapped!

I was a little concerned about my ability this morning, especially considering my blow out just over a day ago. I was incredibly tired in the water but that did not stop me getting my quota of waves. Uncharacteristically I was able to call it quits at the right time, even thought the ocean kept on dishing up delectable wave slides for our pleasure. Perhaps I am starting to mature?

Take a good look at 2 of our Directors hard at work in the boardroom.


Back in my street, Christmas has come early! Our house has been kindly decorated, and the three wise men are planning on riding their camels up and down all day. Yes, just another bizarre day over here as an advert is shot for an overseas cell phone company. Camel rides will be offered to the children in the street a little later and I have no doubt that the film crew will be surprised by the number of little critters that live here!

Another incredible day in Africa!!

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

I love the surfing pictures!