Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Above and Beyond

Another first!

This weekend I went into the ceiling to turn down the geyser temperature. Being summer, dropping the temperature is a simple means of saving on electricity. This should have been a two minute job in the ceiling which instead became a major mission.

My oldest son has always pestered me to take him into the roof with me. This time I agreed, except that I put him to work up there with me. Together we cleaned the space between the roof and the ceiling. This is not a job I recommend for the faint hearted, nor a job that should really ever be necessary. For some reason the various workmen who have worked on our house have left a frightful mess in the rafters. Luke and I removed three large sacks of junk; including geyser valves, piping, wiring, wood, bricks, a massive birds nest, newspapers, and boxes.

It was hard, hot work but now another item that was never on my to do list has been checked off it.

And I am now most likely the first person you have ever heard of, that has cleaned above his ceiling!

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

Teehee... I know there's a bird's nest in my ceiling and its bugging me terribly that its there!
I hope you wore masks or something...

BioniKat said...

Good one - well done! I'd hate to know what is in my ceiling. I know my parents have had bees so they probably have a beehive up there.