Thursday, October 8, 2009

Listen up

Last night I blew it again!

You would think that I know my body better than this. I have lived with it for all of my life and still it sneakily catches me out when I least suspect. Truthfully, I had a suspicion last night that not all was right, but used the override switch in my brain to keep on going.

I had a late night on Tuesday night, carousing with a visiting friend from Johannesburg. Then there was the issue of a lingering cold. Just a little cold, really the tail end of one! Added to that was a minimal intake of water for the day. I arrived at Judo last night with my boys and all of their stuff but sans top half of my judogi. Obviously my brain was way ahead of me by pretending to be behind! I took my time going home to collect it; including then taking a picture of a marvellous rainbow that graced the skies.



I had hoped to miss most of the exercise session but found the class still busy on my return. I hoped they were almost finished. Boy was I wrong. The exercise session seemed to be forever including some new and marvellous inventions which I may have enjoyed on other occasions. My body was saying nooooo, but the switch in my brain was firmly on.

Even Sensei asked me twice if I was OK. Eventually I had to admit defeat and leave the mat. My world was spinning, my stomach heaving, my head pounding, and my throat dry as a bone.

I had just pushed too hard and too far.

No fear, after a dismal night, I am fine and dandy now.

Just in time for some big waves in the morning. A friend up the road invited me to an EMERGENCY board meeting at 05h45. He suggested that I don’t make any notes. I can’t wait!

2 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Don't exercise if you have a cold. You're at risk for heart attack!!! Just don't chance it.

Love your rainbow picture! Stunning.

AngelConradie said...

Ooer... you were just asking for trouble!