Friday, October 2, 2009

Good Boys

My children have been wonderful on this trip. First to Johannesburg and then for a little beach holiday. It is after all school holidays!

I was a little unsure that I needed a holiday now. My life is filled with the stuff that I want in it. Plenty of family time, working at home will do that for you. I have a number of charitable outlets that I support. Physically, I am probably fitter than ever due to all of my surfing, running, and Judo. And I get to exercise my brain through work and attempts at book writing. No, I do not need a holiday at all, life is good and fun!

But it would be selfish to think that just because I don’t need to relax, the rest of the family don’t have the same need either. And so we find ourselves in a little resort at the sea, indulging ourselves in wanton time wasting activities; like reading, swimming and simply sharing the same space. All without the pressures of time! Which is of course what a holiday is all about, the freedom from time, is it not?

I am thoroughly enjoying myself and feel most relaxed. Perhaps I did need some of this time! Our family is in a good space; happy, loving, and together! Our boys have been as well behaved as boys can be expected to be. Funny How I now know that the boys I have been blessed with are absolutely perfect for me. No other sons would have been right.

Of course, the illusion of family bliss is about to be shattered in a most rude manner as Miss Muffet makes her appearance in just less than 7 weeks. Life will suddenly revolve around screaming, nappies, and breasts.

Hidden somewhere herein, there is a challenge to my family; can we survive this tremendous change and find our way back to bliss again?

Time spent reflecting on my life and reading a special book on Mother Theresa have left me more than a little challenged to do far more. Stick with me as I try and find my way!

2 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Enjoy the peace and quiet for the next 7 weeks

AngelConradie said...

I truly believe a baby born into bliss grows up that way, and "normality" is restored quickly.