Monday, July 27, 2009

Life of the Unborn

I read an article this weekend about a woman by the name of Pam Stenzel. She is an American motivational speaker who deals with teenage sexuality, and has been giving talks to South African youths.

She was quoted as saying that she is eternally grateful to her 15 year old mother, who after being raped, still loved her enough to have her and then put her up for adoption.

Her simple statement of fact gave me goose bumps. How many other people have never been, because they were aborted before they even had a chance? Surely her mother of all people had the right to terminate a pregnancy disgustingly created by hate. And yet, the product of that hate is a voice of love...

I find that absolutely incredible. Don’t all lives deserve a chance? Or does looking at the miracle of life from the point of the new life skew the debate?

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

Its such a shirty debate... and it'll go on and on forever.
No matter my personal beliefs, I have made choices I regret. And I do not "judge" anyone unless I have personally been in their shoes.

Mark Eames said...

Ah Angel, you are so right about not judging! And the debate...but I have now picked my side!