Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Cot for a Babe

My youngest son and I put together the cot today. Yes, four months ahead of time, the cot is now a fixture in the new babies room. Well so far it just contains the cot, a rocking chair, and some semi clean cupboards. My business partner arrived for a meeting and ended up sweating over a number of furniture re-arrangements. Poor chap!

We are blessed to be able to do a bit of house rearranging and find a room for our third child. The new babies room was our old guest room. Living in the Cape, we have had a constant stream of visitors, something that we have thoroughly enjoyed. Now our visitors will be treated to a more unusual experience, as we convert our studio into a studio cum guest room! I think it will end up being something special! It is of course the one room in the house with views!

The cot was an interesting project. It has been lovingly loaned to us by another family together with some detailed instructions. I think it took me longer to work out the instructions than it took me to put the cot together in my own way! Matt was a great help and only too happy to tell me to get a move on. The reading of instructions is not yet one of his strong suits!

Our first baby made us go out and buy all sorts of fancy stuff to cater for his every need. OK, it was the newbie parents in us that made us do that. Baby number two got everything that baby number one had used. Then we donated everything that was baby relevant to people who we felt could really make use of the stuff. Now that number three is one the way, we have been overwhelmed by the generosity of all those that we know. We may have given away all of our baby stuff, but friends have given us all of that and more. We are most thankful!

Life has an interesting way of working itself out! And this morning, the cot is still as solid as ever, many babies on!

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

Aaaaawww Mark... this post makes me happy and sad at the same time.