Friday, December 14, 2007

Today is my last day at work. Well officially, it is only the end of January but then again I have a bit of leave stored up. Today I walked into my office for the last time and today I shall walk out of it again and not look back! My office must probably rank amongst the best in Cape Town. It is large. There is space here for my desk, a conference table, 3 leather couches and most importantly a fridge. Better than all of that is the bank of windows that looks onto Table Mountain – what a spectacular site. Especially this morning as the Cape Doctor blows some wispy white clouds over the top. Magnificent! I think I will spend a part of my morning working out on my balcony and reflect on the good times that I have had with this company over the last 11 years.

Sometimes things just click into place like they probably were meant to do. I have that feeling that what I am doing is inherently right. This crusade touches me somewhere deep inside and that feels good. It is wonderful to make such an important decision and know that with every fibre of my being that it is the right choice.

Looking back, I am pleased. I have been successful here. I have learnt and forgotten and experienced and played and worked here. I have a wonderful network of friends here. I am not leaving them behind, instead we will find new ways to fit our relationship into this new life. I have this wonderful office but I am looking forward to board meetings at backline at sunrise! I feel that I have been given a second chance at life but this time the deck has been thoroughly stacked in my favour. Those odds make the transition far easier!

I am excited and tingling within my core. Not to close this door behind me but rather open the door in front of me. I have seen the brochures for what is behind this next door – they look fantastic. Time will tell if they are indeed as sweet as they seem....

No comments: