Monday, December 10, 2007

I have a new dilemma today. I have discovered that I have so much to do next year that I am unsure how I will be able to fit it all into my new life. This is most bizarre. Just a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea how I would build a new life and be able to sustain it. That was then, in the last week I have been offered a whole variety of consulting work, enough for a number of people.

I have moved from thoughts of breadline income to thoughts of making some serious money. Bam! I have fallen back into my old ways and have caught myself scheming on how to have it all! How fast have I fallen???

My wife and I chatted about this new conundrum this evening. I need to go back to my goals and ensure that anything I do on the money making front is linked to them. Either this consulting work assists me to meet my goals or it must go. I honestly thought that I had made the hard money choice when I gave up my well paid job, now here I am having to make that decision again. For an ambitious me, this is hard. How many times am I going to be tempted to go back to new paths but old ways?

I also wonder if I am not doing myself a disservice by not taking my year off. I have saved hard to afford this break. Perhaps I should be cashing in and enjoying myself. Then again perhaps I am over thinking this whole problem! There is nothing stopping me from continually trying new things to find the ones that are going to lead me to my definition of success....

I need to count my blessings, it really is great to have a high class problem on a Monday. And to be in demand - well that is it's own kind of high.....

No comments: