Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where have I been?

I thought I had blogged just a day or two ago. Now I see that it was a long, long time ago. So much has been on the go. Not sure how life goes from happening to out of control in just a few short days!

I am battling, even now, to understand what filled up my time. I suppose that there has been work in the form of a project in Durban which took up the whole of last week, as well as a couple of other ongoing projects. Then there has been quality time spent with a number of old friends that just happened to be in town. After a week with us, my mom went home to Johannesburg. And then there was the Freedom Day Classic, a longboard competition arranged by a good mate of mine. Somehow this good mate got me to agree to run a photographic competition for the duration of the weekend, but more about all of this later.

One thing that stands out in all of this rush was a visit to one of my wife’s cousins in Durban. Getting there was frustrating as three major traffic accidents practically shut down all access to their suburb. It took me two hours of suburb crawling with the aid of my phone’s GPS to eventually arrive at their doorstep. After that, it was an evening cocooned in care and love, with side dishes of great food, a really wonderful experience with an absolutely amazing family. I was sad to depart in the morning back to my project. So sad and confused that I jumped on the highway and drove in the wrong direction for 15 minutes before I realised I was heading away from Durban and not back into it! There was not a single sign to correct my misconception and it was my phone back to the rescue when I realised the landscape was becoming more beautiful rather than populous!

I hope you don’t all feel neglected, even my car looks at me forlornly every time I pass it in the garage. Somehow I have to track down statements from the previous owners of the chassis and engine before I can even think about getting it registered!

I will find the time...somewhere!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy do I know about life getting in the way! I've missed so much blog reading and I feel like I haven't spoken to anyone in ages!