Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Beautiful Daughter

Sunday saw my family in church well before starting time. Normally this is an ill advised course of action as any time over and above church service time results in much fidgeting and loud stage whispers enquiring if we can leave yet. This Sunday was special as it was to be Isabella’s Baptism. My boys were filled with excitement and perhaps overwhelmed by sitting in the front row. They managed to exceed all possible expectations of good children church behaviour, proving once and for all that it can be done!

Isabella was Baptised during mass. It was a beautiful service followed by cake and tea. My wife had slaved away in the kitchen baking tons of stuff, which was all consumed at the appropriate time except for one or two items which required early consumption as they were too delectable to resist!

My daughter took the whole service in her stride including a facefull of water. She managed to smile at just about everyone there before taking a quick and well deserved power nap. Here are some pictures of her in her mother’s christening gown!

2 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

awww look at your beautiful girls....thanx for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I've been MIA so I'm trying to play a bit of "catch up". What a beautiful happy little girl! And I can see some of you in her too!