Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ask and you shall recieve!

This morning a neighbour reversed his car up my garage and sat there sipping his coffee while I hurriedly got myself out of bed. Normally I am up early but he managed to catch me napping. When I finally got outside, I was greeted by a heap of things for my ‘fix a house’ project; carpets, curtains, pillows, clothes, and even kitchen appliances. It felt like Christmas and I don’t even get to keep the stuff!!

Last week while we were building our first house, a lady approached us. She is well known in Sir Lowry’s Village as she has made it one of her personal projects. She made a very simple deal with us; if we supply the time, she will supply materials for future upgrades. You can imagine how my jaw must have dropped to hear such a generous offer! It does of course mean that we need to find some cash to cover the labour costs and plenty more of the stuff my neighbour sourced but it makes me so excited just to think about it!

There is of course one other little problem. How much time do I really have to dedicate to this project? Not a whole lot, but with that kind of offer on the table, it would be good that I find some! Either that or I need to find a couple more people to help!

I am overwhelmed by the generosity of this lady as well as my neighbours, thank you all so much!!!

1 comment:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

find a few volunteers to help you along. Congrats!!!