Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Going nowhere slowly

How about an update on my truck?

Almost nothing has happened and yet so much has gone into achieving it!

When last I wrote an update, the car was waiting to have itself rewired. After five weeks of more nothing happening, it was decided that not rewiring was not the best option at that point in time. Instead I was convinced to have it resprayed in satin matt black. A whole lot of convincing and an awesome quote for potentially something to happen finally swayed me.

A couple of weeks ago, Tweety as she was fondly known due to her bright yellow plumage, was disassembled. Then all possible holes patched, all pimping removed, blemished filled and smoothed, and every other surface prepared. Finally something actually happened, she was sprayed! Unfortunately the compressor broke down resulting in a blotchy paint job which actually meant that it would have been better had they done nothing too.

More days passed, and nothing kept on happening. Suddenly something happened. She received her final coat of paint. My old useless yellow tyres and mags were swapped out for an awesome set of not yellow mags. Tweety now looks utterly sexy in her black number finished off with some new rubber!

Still have to run her motor, fit the glass, finish the interior, and rewire her. I have given all of my new friends who like my wallet a deadline of 16 December to finish with her. I really want her all to myself!


4 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

HAWT rims!

A Daft Scots Lass said...

hot rims.

AngelConradie said...

It looks great so far!!! I thought you were going to keep the yellow?

Mark Eames said...

I was going to, but was then convinced that the yellow was not working. Now that it has changed, I can clearly see how much better it is!! And I got a great deal!!!