Monday, November 23, 2009

Early Days with new Baby

My two girls got home on Friday, one very sore and the other very hungry. Both went straight to bed. Life in my household returned to a semblance of normality with me firmly in the driving seat of moms taxi. I now understand why Donna has to stop off so often for coffee as it is just not a whole heap of fun!

Isabella was very well behaved in the hospital fuelling a new belief that she may be the same at home. My imaginary world even saw me sleeping peacefully through the night!

Night one involved lots of baby attention and very little sleep for any of us. Isabella was understandably a little out of sorts in her new environment. Morning dawned bright and sunny, quite unlike our dispositions. Reality was a little hard to swallow just then! Night two progressed far better with night three only involving two wake up calls.

I still cannot get over the fact that my family has grown by one member. We are no longer four but five. Very scary! The boys seem to have made peace with the idea of a baby sister and we have started to see this new helpfulness flowing from them. Long may that last!

In my imaginary world night four will involve just one feed at two in the morning. At least I will have all day to dream, before that dream is shattered and I create a new one tomorrow! In all of these dreams, I know that I am inordinately blessed!!