Saturday, April 11, 2009

Not Yet Back

I have not blogged in 2 weeks and I apologise for that. So much on the go that it sometimes frightens me. And I dont even have a regular 9 to 5 job....

I will shortly blog about my sons surfing competition. 5 days of surfing at the age of 7. It has been wonderful and absolutley terrible. We have learnt a lot about our family and how far we are willing to go with the flow, and I think we have grown closer together as a result.

I do want to share the essence of a short sermon I heard on Friday when I attended a Good Friday mass here in Port Elizabeth. Essentially the priest talked about Jesus on the cross saying 'It is finished!'. Then he died. The priest's question to me (and everyone else) was if I was to die now, could I honestly first say "it is finished?'

Deep, difficult, and thought provoking! I am not finished! I realised that there are things I need to focus on; my book, even more of my family, lots less of me!

Have a blessed and happy Easter!

3 comments:

AngelConradie said...

Very deep... and I'm so hormonal now I'm afraid to think about it in case I start crying again!!!

Unknown said...

blog boet blog, i do not know if you know this BUT EVERY DAY i log on to this site.

I need more....

Please....

Cheers
James Bester

Mark Eames said...

I will try harder to be back here with more deep insights for your thinking pleasure!!!

Every day?