Saturday, December 13, 2008

Project Updates

A while ago I posted about a new project, “the halfpipe”. Many people have asked me about its progress. Well at long last, I have some progress to report. Yesterday I sat down and calculated the cost of this wooden monster. Hmmmm about R6500. That seems a bit excessive for a stack of wood all screwed together looking out of place in my garden.

On the other hand Play Station 3 and a couple of games would not cost too much less. There is very little chance of serious injury on Play Station, except a case of mild thumb strain. The wooden beast on the other hand has the very real potential to maim and break a person. Psychologically it can humiliate and destroy, especially if the right people are watching at the wrong time. Such big risks all while learning to skate and surfing better right in my own back yard! And to think that it will build real reactions and muscles, with personal style thrown in as an added bonus.

Now I just have to get started!

That being said, my “Tweety” project is about to kick off as well. It has not ended up as I anticipated with me doing all of the upgrade work. Instead I have decided to call in the professionals to upgrade the engine, gearbox and interior. The rest of the bits and pieces, I will try and do myself. OK, so I will have two very eager helpers as well, the kids!


I saw a chap on Thursday night with regard to him helping me. He is in! The car goes to his shop on Wednesday next week. The first order of business will be to remove the engine, strip it, and rebuild it. At the same time, the car will go to a place that will get busy on the inside. I am too excited.

Although not too excited to get our Christmas act together. I have strung up all of our exterior lights and Father Christmas’s bum is firmly attached to the chimney. This, where he allegedly got stuck trying to deliver a load of presents to my kids!!!!


I know what you are thinking, Christmas lights strung up on the house and a honking big yellow Ford on the lawn. This sounds like redneck stuff......I hope not, although I will let you know when my wife starts to wear dresses that are strapless with bra’s that aren’t!!!!

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

oh i cannot WAIT to see the finished projects- i do so love cars!!!

i giggled my backside off at your last paragraph dude
:D

Mark Eames said...

Hey hey, I have discovered this car thing is a much bigger project than I thought! Anyway, it should be an interesting diversion. Will keep you updated with progress!