Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lazy in Cape Town

I have been back in beautiful sunny South Africa for more than a week now. It has been spent in a guilty frame of mind as I have spent my time doing the bare minimum. I think it is called relaxing but I am not sure as it is something I have always found immensely difficult.

For me relaxing is when I get to chose what I want to do. Quite frankly that ain’t relaxing, it’s just doing different stuff at the same pace! This week I seem to have lacked the energy to do much more than surf a couple of times in the howling gales and read. Today though, I feel I am in a far better place for all of the laziness and ready to take on the world again.

One of the things that I did manage to do, in amongst all of the tough reading, is visit a hot rod garage in Parrow in Cape Town. I saw some awesome work in this chaps garage and I am hoping that he is going to assist me with my project. He is coming over this evening to check out my yellow Tweety Bird (as my wife has nicknamed it) and see what needs to be done. The amazing thing about this hot rod business is that just about everyone I have approached is jam packed full of project cars. Most cannot help me till February. Now there is something that I would never have imagined. Then again cars from the 50’s and 60’s are rarer now than ever before and nobody seems to be making them anymore!!!

I on the other hand cannot wait till February!! So much hangs off my negotiations this evening.....

I just gots to get a new chirp for Tweety Bird, cheep cheep!

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

i can't wait to hear more and see photos! how'd the negotiations go?