Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Men in my Life

I was struck this morning by the number of deep male friendships that I have within my life. Now as you read this, you may already be thinking ‘weirdo’. This even though our society is very tolerant of homosexual relationships, the very thought of deep heterosexual relationships would send most chaps running a mile.

Yet in my life I have been blessed with a large number of these friends and each of them fills gaps in my life that I honesty never knew I had. Having one deep mate is a blessing but to have a whole heap is just wonderful. These are people who stand by your side no matter what and you know that they will always be there for you. I like that. It gives me a serious bit of confidence that I can do this life thing and I can do it well on my terms!

And best of all I write this and still feel like a man! Now I am going to write something to make all you real men out there cringe....

To you dudes – love you all!

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

now thats a brave post
:D
very cool, and you're so right.