Sunday, August 3, 2008

I have not been able to upload any photographs for some time due to a conflict on my PC. BUT that is now history and so I thought I would share one or two things.

Here are 2 star trails that I attempted - Sutherland is a special place in that the sky is incredibly clear (hence why there are so many observatories here), which makes for dramatic star trails. If you have never seen a star trail, this is a long exposure of a point in the sky and the lines of light are really single stars but look like lines due to the earth turning. Here you can actually see the point about which the earth is turning, i.e. the south pole.





This is the SALT observatory - the biggest in the world (right here in SA).



This one, you may guess, but is a picture of a farm dam at sunset! I like!


1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

oh wow... wow wow wow!!!