Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Today was another of those frustrated stuck at the bottom of the wall days. So frustrated was I that I took it out on my lawn as I cut it down to size. One of the pieces of advice that I have received over the last couple of weeks was not to get uptight about things like my garden but rather to plough on through with what I am doing. Hmmm it was easy to agree to a couple of weeks ago. Not so easy to implement this morning. The grass certainly received my frustration with grace and had the decency to look pretty afterward!

I am not sure why I am uptight as I did manage to get through four typed pages but it was all hard work! I suppose that I am a bit of an idiot if I think that it will all be fun and easy! Then again there are so many tempting things to be busy with like stepping into my running shoes and taking them for a trot, or smashing some waves with my surfboard or even watching my son swim in a gala. There are plenty of more exciting things to be doing but at some stage I need to wake up and understand that this is a responsibility to myself that needs to be discharged. I will write and I will write well. Perhaps that will even be my new mantra as I meditate on my writing with my palms pressed together and a lopsided grin on my face as I sit in the lotus position!

I was going to include a couple of paragraphs of todays writing but perhaps in the morrow. For now know that even those out there whose lives seem to be filled with fun and freedom sometimes also struggle with getting down to work. So if you are huddled up close to your PC in your office, smile, take three deep breaths and have some fun with whatever you are doing!! I am certainly going to try!

No comments: