Friday, February 8, 2008

Today has been a day of great joy and rejoicing in our house. It started it off in front of the bread maker, again! No, not true! My day actually started a whole lot earlier than the bread machine. At precisely 04h45, I was ready to go on a surf mission. At just after 05h00, three surfers quietly shed some tears at we looked at our favourite surf spot. The swell was right but the gale force winds just decimated the waves. With heavy hearts and enough excess energy to push the car home, we departed. Another failed dawnie, score another point to the South Easter!

Back to the bread machine! Neither the South Easter nor my mistreatment of it seemed to have had any impact on its abilities. This time my attempt was made with my wife peering over my shoulder to ensure that the recipe was followed to the letter. You will not believe it but she changed it herself half way through. Nevertheless three hours later, out popped the most delicious loaf of bread that was promptly consumed, again! Obviously a little woman supervision was all that was required! This evening I conjured up a Green Thai Chicken Curry. It was not bad and the whole family scoffed their share. My skills are back!

Even more exciting than my culinary improvements was my writing progress. Today I managed to complete my editing of chapter 5. This chapter has confounded me for more than a week, so this really was progress. Even better than that, I arranged all of my material for chapter 6. If you are interested, chapter 5 is about the concept of worthwhile and chapter 6 is about soul. This is all very deep stuff and I am not sure if I have nailed it, yet. One day I may even take it to a publisher and hope that he or she would be very interested. For now, I have entrusted the task of ploughing through my musings to my wife. If she is still awake after the first page, I will assume success!

It is the weekend and even I feel that I need it. I find it rather bizarre that I have not formally worked in eight weeks and yet I need my weekend. Probably so that I don’t feel guilty about not working as nobody else is working either. This informal working keeps me just as tired and brings in not one red cent. None the less, my weekend will be a time of family and fun, which is just the way it should be! Enjoy yours too.

No comments: