Sunday, March 13, 2011

Random news

Been an interesting week. What with Guinevere getting stuck in a train carriage, delivering a good project, meeting some old friends for dinner, and having my new tooth rejected by the dentist!


I also discovered a potential solution to my total lack of energy of late. A vitamin supplement; and a world of difference it has made. Far better than a Coke to fuel the late afternoon snooze issues.

Then there was the surf on Saturday morning. We saw our first swell in months tumble onto our shores, and line up some lovely waves just ripe for surfing. It has been a long summer for a Cape Town surfer, flat seas and lots of wind. Winter is on its way, and this makes the surfer in me very excited!

Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent, also found its way into our week. I took my boys to mass in the morning amidst much excitement. All the excitement of course, generated by the number of hours that they would be late for school, rather than for the event that we were celebrating. Regardless it gave us a great opportunity to talk about Lent and the preparation that we can do within ourselves for Easter.

The Pope provided some much needed inspiration for me to continue writing my book. At the tender age of 83, whilst in charge of a massive organisation, he still found time to publish another book. With another one on the way, God willing!

Tomorrow is Monday and I am immensely excited. We have a board meeting scheduled for 08h23 at backline and the waves are expected to roll in. Really looking forward to this week, I have a feeling that it is going to be filled with excitement!

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

Oh my goodness, I just realised when I read how your vitamins sorted out your afternoon snooze issue that I haven't had that problem since I started Weigh-Less! Wow! Its amazing what eating properly can do for you!