Friday, March 25, 2011

Achieving the Impossible

I have started to read Lewis Pugh’s book, ‘Achieving the Impossible‘. I am only a couple of chapters in and find myself more than thoroughly inspired. If you don’t know Lewis, he is also known as the human polar bear and has spent much of his life attempting the impossible, in terms of long distance swimming. The human polar bear moniker comes from his kilometre swim at one of the poles.


Having my own wild long distance never done before event at the back of my mind, makes this book a very interesting read!

I found myself so inspired that a run at 05h30 this morning seemed to be a brilliant idea. Lewis wrote about long distance running in snow storms. I figured if that was possible, then there was no way I could shirk almost winter morning running.

And so I was on the road at the crack of dawn fumbling my way through the dark and loving every moment!

I so love books that rock my world!

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

Ooh I love finding a book that gives me a kick to restart my brain!