Monday, February 21, 2011

Taking it easy

I have managed to take an easy day.

I find that working for myself is exhilarating in terms of the freedom it offers me. I get to choose what I want to do, and I get to do that every day. For obvious reasons, I often choose to find work and deliver it, as work is not always around when I need it. When working for yourself, one has to make every moment count!

There are times when I have done everything I can do, and still have some time over. Times like today.

Normally all of this loafing would make me feel thoroughly guilty. Perfectly good time wasted. Surely, I should have been chasing up some new clients or relooking my preparations for work on the go, or even learning some new skills for the future...

But today has been a guilt free day of leisure. My wife and I did milk shakes, a mate and I did lunch, and the whole family will be doing dinner . In between, I have read the Zigzag (a surfing magazine), played with my daughter, and spent some time in Facebook.

It has been wonderful day. A break from the mad world, which has left me relaxed, and ready for more! It has also been a non too subtle reminder that not only it good but essential to take some me time and to forget about the stresses of business.

My only concession to the real world is a very hot and sweaty run in about an hour. And strangely enough I am looking forward to it!

No comments: