Monday, February 1, 2010

Cruising Cape Town

There can be no doubt that I live in a beautiful part of the world!

Friday night saw my wife and I dump the children at the neighbours and head off to the Cape Town harbour. There we boarded a motor yacht for a sunset cruise in celebration of my cousin’s birthday. This certainly was a birthday celebrated in style!

It was too terrible to behold. Table Mountain, Signal Hill, the new Green Point stadium, and all of Clifton’s beaches spread before us in all their incredible beauty. Sunset came and went and was absolutely delicious!

For Donna and I, it was magical time spent together. Time sans children seems to be so much more relaxed and calm. After dinner at sea and great conversation with family, it was time to head home and relieve our wonderful neighbours of our offspring. Only little Isabella came home with us, as the boys were peacefully sleeping their night out away.

A lovely Friday evening indeed!

2 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

You haven't forgotten about my Monday Male.

Glad you had some time out.

AngelConradie said...

Gotta love an awesome date night!