Monday, December 7, 2009

Thinking, not writing

So many words have been aimlessly tumbling around in my head for days. Strings of adjectives, pronouns, and a metaphor or two! Prose so pretty it makes me smile. My mind so fatigued with baby demands that it is all but forgotten in an instant.

Work has seen many dormant projects rise out of the ashes like proverbial phoenix’s and clamour for our attention. At a time when everyone is winding down, I find myself winding up. The challenge has awakened my brain which has been lulled into complacency by intra feeding sleeps.

Yet sitting here, my words wither and dry up. Ideas sparkle and vanish without a trace. My head spins with possibilities and what if’s. And the screen in front of me remains obstinately blank. My energy seems to have been spent.

I will try again tomorrow...

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

Perhaps walk around with a little recorder in your pocket?