Friday, June 12, 2009

Synchronicity

There are few days when everything in life merges perfectly and result in a synchronous experience!

I know that these written snippets of my life often harp on about surfing and skating. They are of course, important forms of exercise, relaxation, and surges of unfiltered adrenaline, for me! So please bear with me once again...

Any sportsman or passionate enthusiast out there will know that sometimes in life, it all just comes together. For a surfer, it means the right offshore wind or no wind at all, the right swell direction, and the right swell size that combine to create smooth or glassy waves. Add to that some bright sunshine and you have perfect conditions. The only lacking factor is a surfer equipped with the right attitude and a little skill!

My surfing life has never known all of that to come together and yet last weekend it did resulting in a surreal and magical afternoon surf. For more than two hours, four buddies swapped waves and hoots of laughter as we played and played and played. This was the session of my life!
Thinking about it all, I realised that my good old wooden half pipe, yes the one that still scares me to death, has given me skills and confidence that I once could only dream about. Funny how I can be scared and yet still regard it as my best friend! Actually I think I am falling in love with that wooden wave in my garden!

Strange how sometimes everything in life is just aligned and one operates in this state of flow. Unfortunately I cannot control all of the factors in life, but I can bring my attitude and the talents that I have been blessed with to the party. I sincerely believe that with the right attitude, one can do absolutely anything. Without it, you are doomed to fail no matter the talents, the income, or the fun!

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

Ah yes, it happens very seldom- but it certainly is mindblowing when it does happen.