Friday, June 5, 2009

Boys, Balls, Babies, Birth

I have to share this story – all names omitted to protect the innocent, and they really are innocent!

One of my son’s friends came over to play for the afternoon. My wife happened to be nearby and overheard their conversation, which was more than a little interesting. Babies it would seem have a way of getting everyone to talk about them even thought they are not yet present!

This kid asked my son if he knew how babies are born. My son replied of course, although he is quite sure that they are mainly cut out ala a discussion with his mother about his brother’s birth. This child then said to my son, “Do you know that you have to be married to have a baby?’ Again my son replied, ‘of course!’ He then added, ‘it’s because the men have the balls!’ Fair enough!

At this point, this child turns to my wife and asks, ‘so what do the balls taste like?’

Oh Boy!

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

Mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
Oh that is so sweet! I wonder what on earth he was thinking?!??

As for having to be married to have children, Damien was quizzed more than once over the fact that his father never fetched him from school or anything (as even divorced dads do). And then his telling them he didn't know his father REALLY confused the poor kids. I often had to verify his story when I fetched him... though I tried to do so with the kid's mom at least in earshot so she'd know what he/ she was talking about should it come up at home later.

Totally Cooked said...

THIS post, in actual fact, is one of the funniest I have ever read :)