Thursday, May 21, 2009

Photographs of somebody else's kids

My good friend and photographic mentor, Peter Rimell, took a quick couple of snaps of his children last night and sent them to me. When I think of some quick family snaps, the pictures that I received are not what I had in mind. These are out of this world. He did explain his process, which involved experimentation with an external power source connected to some studio flash, together with his kids on a trampoline. All very simple!!!!

But the effect is awesome...



Looks like I need to get busy in my garden, so much to learn!

Check out some of Peter's other work here : www.peterrimell.co.za

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

Wow- so now you're going to have a trampoline in the back yard too?

Mark Eames said...

Lucky for my kids, we have one sunk into the ground. This afternoon, I shall try and see if I can replicate BRILLIANT Pete's pics!

Will keep you updated.