Sunday, July 27, 2008

A lot of people have been rather disappointed with my lack of blogging of late. I have been bad! Truth be told, I am a little disappointed in myself and have not wanted to admit that perhaps I have been failing on many levels of late. Blogging being one of them! I have tried to convince myself that I am in the process of adjusting to a life very different to the one that I was living only a month ago. Sure that is true, but I really could have made more effort.

The trouble is, I spent 6 months writing about life and how everyone could make some changes that would really benefit them and those around them. Now that I have been thrust back into the world at work, I have struggled to implement my own advice. The good news is that this is something that I have realised now rather than when trying to get an unrealistic book published. I quoted a friend of mine in one of my last blogs. He suggested that I take on the consulting role as it may temper some of my writing and thinking. And so it has!

So here I am sitting outside in the freezing cold in Sutherland feeling all bad about my blog. But there is a braai on the go and an amazing sunset that one can only feel inspired. And at long last I have lifted my fingers to the keyboard in a salute to making an effort. A first effort that will try and bring together my new life at work and my old life of reflection and working for the common good!

I must tell you that Sutherland is a cold place, reputably one of the coldest in South Africa. So what better time to visit than in the dead of winter? We were here last here at this time and got snowed in, a most unusual event in our country. This year though, we have seen one of Sutherland’s main attractions. The stars! The biggest optical telescope in the world resides here due to the minimal number of clouded skies and minimal pollution. This also makes it the perfect place to take photographs of star trails.

The point of this all is that I have some work to do to temper my views or to put in some extra effort to ensure that the things that I write about can actually be achieved in reality.

So keep hounding me when you fail to see my updates, I need all of your help and support to get it together!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot listening to New Order - lol

AngelConradie said...

wow...
going back to work after 6 months...