Friday, April 4, 2008

We got back yesterday from a holiday at the coast. Hmmm you may ask. Yes, I do live at the coast and most would agree that I have been on holiday for months. The great irony of my life is that although I have not worked for the last 4 months, I have been busier than ever. I have read fewer books and spent less time in reflection than when I had a job. Enough about me, the rest of the family needed a holiday and I just tagged along. It was meant to be a surfing holiday in Still Bay but unfortunately the bay was just still. Surfing was at an absolute minimum and I really had to search for waves. Actually I just lowered my standards and tried in vain to surf the mush on offer!

And so instead of surfing my brains out, the family and I had a wonderful family holiday. Most of my time was spent with my sons doing what they wanted to do. Luckily this coincided a lot with what I like doing too. I thought some pictures may be in order.

Still Bay harbour front
Rocks and sea at night


Luke & I longboarding


Mine is bigger than yours

Checking out the wildlife!

So, I got to do some things that I have not focussed on in a while. I read a couple of great books (more on them later) and I spent some good time in reflection. I have a far better understanding of where I am right now and what I need to be doing right now. I also understand that I don’t know where I will end up and that this is actually ok. I know that I need to focus on my book (just like my wife says) and get it done. After that .....

No comments: