Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I have discovered that writing is an art form and to date I have just been dabbling on the fringes. On Saturday something changed! I got wordacious! 3000 words just tumbled out of my fingers and onto my Word document, poised to catch such wonderful musings. It was a fantastic experience to be in the flow with a amazing story just aching to come alive in words.

Hopefully I have broken my writing drought! Prior to this, I had only revised my current chapter about four times and ended up with something very preachy. Not where I wanted my writing to be at all. The Saturday attempt was off the wall and it worked. I now have another new angle through which I may just be able to communicate my own social commentary. I was telling somebody the other day that it feels like I am a moth circling a flame. I am getting closer and closer to the end product and hopefully soon I, as the moth, will merge with the flame in a great explosion of celebration as I put this chapter to bed!!! Then I can move on to the next infernally frustrating chapter.

Truth be told, that burst of writing made all of the frustration and procrastination and lack of imagination all worth while. I cannot wait for another experience of electrifying insight. Like anything in life, it will be the product of some hard and dedicated work. Gonna get busy now!

1 comment:

AngelConradie said...

oh wow... i long for those brief moments of inspiration!
it sounds like you put it to good use, i hope there are many more...