Friday, November 18, 2011

Heavy Concentration


It has been a long time.

Blogging just does not seem to fit in with the lifestyle of the travelling facilitator. A two day course repeated every 3 days over the last two weeks, each in a different town around the country, has drained me of any ability to communicate. The fact that I designed the course, has added extra pressure as it required optimisation post each iteration.

So far four courses down and one to go! They have gone well, and the ratings have been good. And I now have a weekend and the following week to find myself again, before launching into course number five.

Training management using a free flow discussion format requires nine hours of focussed concentration each day. On my feet and thinking, guiding conversations, eliciting insights, and playing the clown. By the end of the day, I am poor conversation, completely tapped out.

I have of course enjoyed much of the debate and conversation. I also cannot believe how much the course has improved as I have improved in my delivery, timing, and program changes. And I am getting paid for this piece of work, which makes a wonderful change for much of my effort this year.

There is light in the tunnel, but where the end may be is anyone’s guess! I like it that way…

1 comment:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

A job and project VERY WELL done, Sir!

I hope you're going on holiday to de-stress and reconnect with your family.