Sunday, May 15, 2011

My second First rugby Match

Matt, my youngest son, had his first rugby match last week. I was at the side of the field with camera in hand to record this great moment. Although not unexpected, he was everywhere on the field. As the smallest player, he should have been intimidated. Instead he tackled their biggest player, who was at least twice his size, again, and again, and again. They lost 3 - 1, and the single try was scored by him.

This was a match to make any parent proud, and I was no exception. It was awesome to watch his absolute determination regardless of the challenges. An attitude that will stand him in good stead for the rest of his life, so long as he can control it! Best he never gives me this look though...


One of the parents was so excited that she spent some time levitating!!!

1 comment:

Elettra said...

That's because South Africa has a better team regby, you have a good breeding ground for young, congratulations !!!!!!