Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Back to the book

I had this urge to pull out my old writing last night. Reading a number of chapters had me smiling and excited. The stuff I had written was not bad at all. In fact it is funny and engaging. It is also written in a typical ‘me’ style, a big rush. Opportunity abounds to slow it down, to expand and embellish.


I skipped ahead to the last chapter that I had written. It was difficult to read, disjointed and all over the place. Obviously not a well edited chapter. Not my best work. The result of my last attempt to get the book on the go again.

Regardless, it was good to read matter that I could call mine. Gave me this little glow deep within. I’m a little inspired to sharpen my pencil and get writing. A mere 35 months after the last piece of real lead broke.

I wonder how long this inspiration will last. Perhaps I can even push through the next 6 chapters to the end.

It really is not far at all...

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

How cool that you can read what you wrote and be pleased with it!
I have many blog friends writing and finishing their books at the moment so I have quite a bit to read...
:P

Mark Eames said...

and I am still writing - words gushing out of me at pace - I may just finish it in the next couple of weeks!!